|Makin' cupcakes with the girls|
On Sunday we went to the Sydney Royal Easter show. Which is kind of a big deal, but also WAY overpriced. It's a massive 2 week event, at which there is:
- an animal section with cows, sheep, goats, alpaca, etc. Of course there are shows & people place in divisions, as well as a petting zoo, demonstrations on shearing, spinning etc.
- a produce/local food section where people do massive art displays made of food, also local vendors sell their wares, sausage, cheeses, wine, honey, beauty products made from aloe, etc.
- a fair type setting, food carts, rides etc.
- plants & veggies grown & shown for grading within a division
- arts & crafts where people have brought in paintings, charcoals, pencil, pottery, cakes, knitting etc. for certain groupings to be judged.
- giant show arena where there are motocross demonstrations, dressage demonstrations, trapeze performers etc.
- a dog show tent where there is a full on dog show for purebreds etc.
There was lot going on. For those of you who have been to Vancouver, it's a bit like the PNE/Playland, only on a much bigger scale. The animal part of it really is more like the Calgary Stampede. I wasn't sure what to expect, but we had fun, it was a lot of ground to cover and a lot of stuff to see, we walked around from 11am to 6pm!
Here's some of what we saw:
|Ducklings, honey cotton candy, sheep, goats, best yarn-bomb ever!|
Finished my Aquaphobia Socks by Crystal Flanagan which I am used Pollika yarn that I dyed myself! I did them two at a time, top down on US1/2.25mm. I love them! Some of my favourite socks so far!
|Shades of Grey w/blingy blue glass button|
|For Good Hat w/metallic buttons|
|Ceramic Flowers Cowl|
|Manhattan socks - pre-heel!|
|Preemie Hat #1|
I have still been running 2-3 times a week. I still find I struggle a lot more to breathe than I did in Canada. I don't love it, I will never love it, but I want to improve my cardio. Also - we as a group have signed up to do a 5km Fun Run on April 28th. So at least until then I have to keep at it!
Starting April 1st I started doing Ripped in 30. It's interesting the things that are similar and the things that are different. I find my muscles ache more (which means they are being worked & is good) but I don't struggle as much through some parts (which is GOOD)!
Also, starting April 1st I began the 30 Day Green Smoothie a Day challenge with Young and Raw. I get a shopping list for each week & recipes each day! So far I am enjoying it! Also - I started using MyFitnessPal again to track my food & exercise. Hopefully it helps me with this lifestyle change I am trying to do!
Still wanting to try Paleo & am trying to implement it as much as I can, but I still would like to do a meal plan & have both of us try it for a couple of weeks. Haven't yet...but it's on the list.
My plan is to start Insanity in May. That being said, I am expecting Insanity to completely kick my arse, and I don't know that I will be keeping up with the running so much when doing it.