Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My life this past week or so...

What has been going on lately??

 

An old friend of mine, Luke was in Europe for the last 40 days or so. He was on a Contiki tour & ended up in London. We got in touch, but weren't able to meet up.  That was a little disapointing, would have been cool to do some sightseeing in London with a friend - especially one who is pretty knowledgable in politics & history! He's home now - so I guess we will catch up when I get home.

 

I booked my Ireland tickets! I head over to Dublin Friday June 19th & come back to England on the 27th. Keith is meeting me there on the 20th, I'm excited to be able to tour around Ireland with a friend!!!

 

I'm planning to do a Contiki June 30th - but haven't booked it just yet. Will keep you all updated!!

 

I started working on my knitting a bit. Trying to do socks on a set of 4 needles. Very fine yarn, but I think the needles are too long! LOL It is definitely a bit complicated to work with 4 needles, especially with it's all flimsy! Oh well - I will keep at it & one day I will be able to do it blindfolded

 

My mom, & my dad have both had birthdays & celebrated their 28th wedding anniversary in the last couple weeks! What a busy month I missed out on - bad daughter!!! I'll make it up to them when I get home - promise!

 

On Saturday I spent the day wandering around Nottingham. That's right - Robin Hood, Maid Marian, all of that stuff! It's alive & real there! I went to the castle, lots of plaques & info about things to do with Robin Hood etc. There were dancers too. The castle wasn't too big - but the grounds were GORGEOUS! And within the castle it was a museum! Art, textiles, the history of Nottingham, everytime I turned a corner there was more to look at it was crazy!!! And it was a gorgeous day too. Spent lots of time just soaking up the sun & enjoying the vitamin D!!!  I still have to check out Sherwood forest, as the two aren't really withing walking distance .

 

Went to a BBQ on Sunday. A friend of Tony's & Martyn's. Great place, great food, lovely people. 4 big newfoundlander doggies that were great! And a giant land tortoise names Tiger. Ace!!!! Got pretty sunburned that day though. Yikes! I didn't think I would need sunscreen in England!! I did get some now! And some aloe. So I'm taking care! I wasn't WANTING to get sunburned. But I'm still happy for all of the sun. It was 4 days straight - but now it's getting a bit less summerlike. But It was phenomenal while it lasted. The green looked even more green in the sunlight!

 

Monday night a friend of Tony's came over after work. Had a BBQ, some wine & listened to some AC/DC in the setting sun. It was a pretty super night too!!

 

I think that pretty much updates anyone who cares on what has been going on!

 

Love you all!!

6 comments:

  1. you sound like you are enjoying all that you can experience. i can see that you will love the trip to Ireland for some major touring. and to be with a friend makes it even more fun. exchanging chats and experience with someone makes it that much more enjoyable. your trip to Shakespeare\'s world--youza as you would put it---incredible. the weather in edm is no better than there. few days of sun few days of cold. we just planted our annuals last weekend and now it will be cloudy this weekend. still haven\'t got all the lawn furniture out. we are finishing up with Corp Challenge at work tomorrow. Been on for the last 2 weeks. It\'s where we compete with 30 other companies in our division for medals and points. tomorrow is the big closing BBQ and tug of war. I was on the Trivia team and we won GOLD---I love trivia. Questions were tough but my 3 buddies were awesome. still slow at work--oil industry is trying to get back to normal but with summer it will be a bit longer in recovering i am sure. keep laughing and knitting---chat at ya later...ciao...B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, we so should have done the Europe trip back when it was actually a possibility for me, we would not have fought over what to do, like, ever. So jealous, glad you\'re having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. B - I\'m definitely trying to enjoy whatever each day brings. Learn as much about life, people & myself as I can while I\'m here. Everyday brings something new to the table, even if it\'s just a little thing! :) Glad to hear everything is going well for you!!!Stace - I know!! And we would have, if I\'d stayed in FSJ. Oh the what-ifs! ;) You will get here one day though!! You\'ve been doing so much travelling the last couple years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There\'s something I have to tell you about if you\'d stayed in town - but I don\'t want to at work, and keep forgetting at home!!!! Will try to remember to do it tonight, now that I\'ve made you all curious. (Not a personal thing, more a work thing.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are missing my 30th Birthday!! and your last possible KEG meal for FREE!!! oh poor Michellers~~you\'re missing out on all the fun!! just kidding, its same old same old here..and good for your folks 28years of marriage that is a whole lot to be proud of :) you sound like you\'re having a good time, maybe too good of time...you haven\'t left england yet lady! i\'m glad your going to ireland get out and about. Should be a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michelle. I had to sign up for Windows live just to tell you how much I\'ve enjoyed your blog. I can see that being in this part of the world is affecting the way you see things and you never know, it might change your career path. We live in a fairly insulated world in the west and even in Europe and don\'t think much about how others live, their access to education and food. You should write a book based on your experience , written just the way you do your blog. Anyway, keep having a great time and keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete