Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A time for Easter Eggs & KALs!

Hello & Happy Easter!

Since my last post we finished the townhome, and the couple was delighted with the results..we left them with a "new looking" space and all the work ahead of re-organizing their home! Also, we finished up the drywall portion of our friend's garage, and when we headed to the Interior for Easter - they tackled the paint themselves.

My good friend & her  man just moved into a new place together, so we visited them in their new home before we left for a week...it was still a work in progress and I am sure we will see it a bit further along next time, but it was a nice space in a nice neighbourhood and they are excited about the changes.

On Monday, April 2nd we headed up to the Shuswap to visit my family for Easter. We left a week early because we had a job to do in Salmon Arm! The drive up was nice, we took the Fraser Canyon instead of the Coquihalla because it's only an extra hour & a half, and it's much easier on our elderly van! We arrived in plenty of time for dinner and to help a bit with dinner. Monday night was mostly just hanging out with mum & dad.

Tuesday, we stopped in at the job, and helped pick colours & make some decisions, and explain the process; then we went to pick up the paint! Stopped in at a friends for a visit on our way back to my parents...and went for a run when we got home. It was a week of 5&1s.

Wednesday & Thursday we worked! Repainted a fair bit of their home, but as the prep had all been done before hand to save on labour, we worked quite quickly! It was a small refresh on some walls & a massive change on others. Overall, they feel like it's more their space now, and are loving it.

Friday we visited, helped around the house a bit too...all those Easter preparations!!! Saturday, my sister & her fella showed up with the dogs. There was eating, basketball (I did not partake), tetherball, cooking, frisbee, eating, hiking, cooking, visiting, eating...you know, the usual! Overall, it was a good week & a great weekend. 

The view of White Lake from the Lookout

Easter Eggs!


Needles:
I completed the Purl Ridge Scarf by Stephen West in Peruvian Alpaca Tweed #111 by Jane Stafford Textiles for the Knitabulls Stephen West KAL for April, and the Knit1HeartToo Neck KAL
Softest Cowl EVER -- for ME!
After a couple of visits to my LYS I have TWO things on the needles (it was three until I completed the cowl!)

1. I am trying to do my second pair of socks, two at a time on two circs using the pattern: Harvest Dew by Rose Hiver Designs in  Kattikloo Plumage Handpaint Warbler for the Knitting in Circles April Sock KAL
Slow going for me, but excited anyway!
The skein looked Purple & Teal..but it's a bit more blue & green...
Upcoming:

Spinning:
 Zip. Nada. Nil.
Fitness:
During our week away I sucked at the strength training, but maintained the running. Completed my week of 5&1s, and this week we have begun 6&1s! I am officially the furthest I have ever gotten with the Learn to Run program...and stoked that I am able to do it! In 38min we went 4.75km. So it's not terrible!
Also, we worked our butts off working last Wed/Thurs, we went for a hike to White Lake Lookout on Saturday and played a bit of tetherball & frisbee as well. Now I am home, continuing with the jogging, strength training, and planning to get in a bit more yoga/pilates type stuff.

My last weigh-in I was down a pound, not sure about this week with all the Easter goodies...but here's hoping!

Travel/Visa:
No word on Australia... 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment