Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Someone was spoiled...

Hello everyone!!

Melbourne...my mister & I took a little trip to Melbourne! A little "get away from it all" time, after not having seen one another for 2.5 months I think we deserved it! So we got a hotel room, and we spent the few days we were there, wandering around. Spyros had never been before, and I had been with my girl Jenny ages (2001) ago!! So it was a bit different than I remembered,
we were, of course, in a much different area as well. Spent much time on trams, doing some shopping, checking out the stops along the "free" tram & "free" shuttle. The Markets, St. Kilda...it was nice! Here is a bit of it:

Our room!
The trams!
Waiting for a tram!

YARN BOMBING!

2nd Tallest residential building in Australia - The Eureka Tower
Melbourne was fun! The flight back was a bit of drama, our flight was canceled, we had to take a much later flight, weird separate terminal, had crying child to our left & kicking child right behind me! Once home, it was back to work!

In other news....it was my birthday on the 29th. I became the BIG 
30
Meh...age is just a number, I am not bothered by that number, however, it coincided nicely with the arrival of a few things I had purchased online! I also purchased some yarn in Melbourne because there are far more yarn stores there AND one was closing its doors & had some great sales! I got to hang out with my pal Robyn again the day before my birthday -- alas, we forgot to take photos again as we were gabbing too much! Also, I received a package from my mum ON the 29th! How good was her planning?! Pretty much everything was yarn related, so will go below - however, my mister got me an ice cream cake! My favourite & I thought I wouldn't get another until we got back to Canada....I was wrong! Yay! Also, the brother in-law brought me flowers, and the sister in-law brought me a handpainted jewelry box that has a tree frog on it that's just like the tattoo on my ankle! Spoiled! Oh. Wait. Also -- Diane from Knitabulls gifted me a pattern on Ravelry!! TOO SWEET!!! 
Me...on my 30th Bday..

My Ice Cream Cake (this was the only candle in the house!)
Needles:
Almost done the first glove of the Spatterdash Wristwarmers I will finish it tonight & start on the second! However, at the moment I do not have updated photos. Since this is going to be a "photo heavy" post...I think it will wait until the next post!

I am about to start another project...a gift...so it won't be on here for a bit, but it is using some of my new stash from Melbourne!

Goodies Galore - here is what I have gotten lately:
Melbourne Goodies! Pink=Possum blend, Brown/middle=Banana leaf fibre!

Little Monkey's Stitch & Spin - for my ZuZu's Petals

My first project bag, how I want more now! ThePloverBird makes gorgeous bags!

Alpaca & Silk...gorgeous, don't know if I can do it justice -- from yarnandfibre and the spindle from SillySalmonDesigns

Hiya Hiya's SQUEE!!

I don't buy a lot very often, but I kind of had a bit of a splurge! I am very excited about all of it & Spyros' family is beginning to understand the depth of my fibre nerdiness, however, most everything is earmarked for a pattern in my queue & I have already begun spindling the fibre with my new spindle!!

Fitness:
I am terrible at this section! Can we just talk about how I am 30 again!? Really though, the internet has been tended to, and is much improved. Also, I have decided that November 1st is the start date for the 30 Day Shred...so that's how it's gonna play out! I need to start back at it. When I was Sparking & running I was feeling pretty good about things & myself, lately, not so much! So it's important!!!

Travel:
Melbourne happened. Right now we are trying to concentrate on getting the Granny Flat done, but there is definitely some talk of other trips. Also, a tentative camping trip for November, so there may be more on this front soon!

***I would like to note two other things:
  1. Thank you for anyone who has viewed my page, or Knitabulls podcast, or WolfeFarms podcast  and stopped on by Llamas in the Raw to donate!
  2. My thoughts & prayers are with everyone on the East Coast of North America dealing with this tremendous weather! I hope everyone was well prepared & stays safe through it all!


1 comment:

  1. man... ice cream cake and all that knitting stuff, and turning 18 (*cough*) ;-}

    glad the birthday didn't pass without a bunch of celebration!

    ReplyDelete